Thursday, January 14, 2010

We're Off To Uganda

I am so happy to say that we are off to Uganda! This time, APF's full board of director's will be going. We will be purchasing and bringing home about 1000 pieces of jewelry! We are also meeting with World Vision and some other local NGO's in Gulu hoping to get our sponsorship program running. For those who don't know, APF buys necklaces from impoverished women in Uganda,many are widows and/or HIV+. By giving the women income they help lift themselves out of poverty through their own handiwork. We then sell the jewelry in the US and all profits will go back into supporting orphans in Northern Uganda. My husband Shawn will be coming with me for the first time and we will be going to the US Embassy to get our "son" Joseph a visitor visa. We hope to update the blog while there, so feel free to follow us and drop and encouraging word!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Wonder how you guys are doing and wondering what Shawn's reaction is to the experience so far. Can't wait to hear details!

TORIRUTH said...

SUZY!!! I MUST come with you some day. I am so excited Shawn got to go with you! I leave for the MTC in a little over a week, but somehow I want to get in touch with you and hear how everything is going! Talk to kerry or someone to get my contact info in the MTC ! You're amazing! Seriously, some day I want to go back with you.