Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Touchdown

Well, I am finally here. After a 40 something hour journey. I went to london and navigated the tube and found my way into the city. Went to Westminster Abbey and that was quite the experience. I was completely exhausted and ready to get back on the plane. Arrived at airport and met up with 2 missionaries who were just returning from Zimbabwe. I felt really good as one of the missionaries is a double orphan and he had no one to greet him. They waited for their ride and we formed a quick friendship. He said that he was no longer sad as I was his mother. I gushed all over him and told him his parents were proud. I will see him on Sunday when we go to the Kolo branch. Arrived in David's village. Staying at his compound. Accomodations are primitive, but nice for Uganda. I helped mix concrete..........i'll post pictures later.......too hard to describe. David's great Aunt died and today we are going to her burial. Should be an interesting experience. Thanks for all your support.

2 comments:

Dixon said...

Glad to hear you made it safely. Michelle

jena said...

I finally got a chance to read your Ugandan adventures! Thanks for sharing your heart.

Having Uganda-somnia?!?!?!

Jena