Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Update Date 2

Dear Friends, What to I say. Already I feel like I have grown more in 2 days than I have in a lifetime. I have had a different experience so far as I have been staying in village experiencing life with them. I have been eating delicious food cooked from a fire, had no shower, and used a "long drop". Today I spent the day at a primary school and all 300 children are orphans.
They sang and danced more beautifully than I've ever heard. At the end, they pulled us and the villagers up and we danced to the drums. It was like a high. Feeling the beat (although I couldn't keep it) and losing yourself to the dance. I was also presented with several double orphans who are available for adoption. I am trying to help David find families for them in the US. So, I have video and pictures and can now share. It was a heavy, heavy moment. I had a grandmother who is caring for her grandson ask me to take him. This is heavy. It's very emotional. We were invited by a sweet student named Patrick Magonga to go to visit his home and meet his family. We trounced through the jungle avoiding the stinging ants and wer welcomed into his home. I've spent many hours in deep conversation with several teenage boys who are orphaned. I felt so privileged to have them open up to me and share their stories. One of them has adopted me as his mother and when I left him for the last time tonight we embraced and he wouldn't let go. He was very emotional. I will send pictures of all of this or put in on blog soon. I am honored to be here serving. Thank you to the people who donated money. I want you to know that today there were 2 children who were not in uniform, that is an indication that they were to poor for school. I found out later that they are the sports teachers children. I was able to put together my money and the donations to pay for the 2 girls school fees for the year. They will start Monday. At first I told the father that I could only afford to pay for one. I was so sad to tell him that, then I remembered the donations and it hit me like a ton of bricks, give the donation money to pay for the other girl. The father had asked me to go home and see if someone would sponsor his other daughter, and now, both are cared for. There are plenty of others if any of you would ever like to sponsor someone. This is real, I have seen them. The fees are $150 for one year. Just a thought. I feel so privileged to be here with David and his foundation. He is a member of the church and is an amazing Christian man. The love for his people is so evident. I hate to make blank statements, but please keep these people in your prayers. They are precious.....................Thank you from the bottom of my heart to those who are helping with my family. I really feel like I am making a difference and I couldn't do that without you. Love to all!

3 comments:

crazymama said...

love you girl!:) love reading your posts-you are an inspiration to those of us here! Jilly Bean

Bud said...

keep us in informed - bud

munkmusic said...

Hey! Thanks so much for sharing! I hope I can have the opportunity to assist you in the future. You are an inspiration! I forwarded your e-mail to my daughter!