Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Awesome Kids

Last night I showed the kids something on T.V. about the World Food Program. When the show was over I talked to them about how the kids in the show want two things, 1 meal/day and to go to school. This really hit them hard and before the night was over they had collected all of the money between them and given me $70.00 to use for orphans. I was so proud. I cried and cried and hugged them. Benson gave me $50.00 and he had been saving that so he could go to Alaska with Grandpa B. I'll def. have to help him figure out a way to go when I get back. Beau and Peanut began cleaning out their closets asking me to take things for them. I hope I can fit all of it!

3 comments:

Melinda Buchanan-Emery said...

Hi Suzy... This is Melinda, Shawn's friend from Family Services... He sent this link to me yesterday. What a beautiful thing you are doing! I love the way you have involved your children. Can't we all learn much from your example?! Thank you.

Bennett Family said...

what an awesome life-lesson. you inspire me! love you.

Unknown said...

Thanks Melinda, all the support really helps. It is a scary thing in some ways!