Friday, March 21, 2008

Gecko's in my Room!

Two nights ago, I was just about to hop in bed and I looked on my wall only to see a lizard climbing on my wall. For those of you who know me well, this was a serious problem seeing as I was about to get into bed. I made my sister Holly get a long umbrella and poke at it, but instead of getting the gecko, she knocked down a box and it crashed to the floor. Still, no gecko. I was a little freaked out, so I zipped all my bags up and when I went to bed we still hadn't found it, so I tucked my mosquito net in so tightly that I new nothing could get in. The only problem was, I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and I had to hold it because I was too scared to get out! Next morning there was another one hiding behind the toilet. I've resorted to hiding out away from my room, keeping my bags zipped tight, and tucking myself in like a wee little babe. I can't wait to get home. I am very homesick.

4 comments:

Bennett Family said...

YIKES! i would freak too. i'm planning a trip to india in june and i'm ALREADY freaked! when do you get home?

Linda said...

Oh Suz, I am so sorry about the invasion of the geickos. I have goosebumps all over me. I am so scared of any reptile. I had a lizard snake in one of our houses and I never did find out where it went. It was displaying itself on our fireplace wall. I was nursing Allison at the time and ran out of the house with her attached screaming. We lived in the country and no one was around. Three years later when we moved I was still afraid he had found his way into a box and was moving with us. Crazy I know. Can't wait to talk to you.
Have a safe trip back. Love, Linda

Shawn Gillies said...

Dear Suzy,
I am so touched and cry every time I think of or talk about the wonderful surprise party that happened today. How can I ever thank you for the wonderful book that you and Kami created. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful daugher in law (I think of you as a daughter) to bless my life. This book is amazing and everyone is enjoying reading about my life which I feel is very humble and uneventful!! Who would ever be interested in my life. I cam't even imagine all the many hours you put into creating it. I know it was a huge project and I don't have enough words to show my gratitude. No wonder you were under so much pressure before you left for Africa. You are amazing.
I wish you could have been here, you are such an important part of my life and I miss you so much. It is time for you to come home :).
I was shocked to have Torri here and very surprised that all the kids kept this secret for so long.
It has been so much fun to follow your trip and I look forward to hearing about everything when you get home. Travel safe.
Love, Judee

Momma Ann said...

Suzie, I am amazed at all that has happened in your life and in Annie's. I will keep in touch after my mission. Could be another adventure for me?? Ann Papworth