Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm Home, Yet Somehow I'm NOt

I arrived after 22 hours of flying. It took two days to make it back to Utah. I was so excited to see the kids and Shawn, but after I got them back, I immediately felt a longing for the sea of black faces yelling Mazungu, Mazungu! How I miss them. It's almost a physical pain. I will go back. There is no question. Africa is in my blood and I will do whatever I can not only to go back to Uganda's children, but to bring Uganda to those around me right here in the good old U.S. I'm hosting a screening for Inivisible Children's latest documentary in American Fork on April 12th at 1pm. Please come! Bring your friends.

3 comments:

Anna Lankford said...

Suzy,

I have been reading your blog and I am so touched by everything. I am crying my eyes out for those children over there. I guess it always seems so far away and you can't get a handle on it but when someone you know goes over there and there are pictures,etc., it is really touching makes me want to do something more. I know you can give us all ideas on how we can help and what we can do to help those kids. You did an amazing thing -YOU are amazing!
Anna

Bennett Family said...

great job! what an awesome journey. thx for sharing.

Sherry Louk said...

Suzy, Some of my kids and I read all your posts. What wonderful ways you have helped these beautiful people and helped so many of us to help or want to help as well. I'm glad you're safe at home now. Let us know when your next trip is, we'd love to help.
The Louk Family