Tuesday, March 4, 2008

When You Know Better, You Do Better

Anyone who knows me or meets me knows that if you ask me a question about Africa, then you will get an answer. I am sad that when I tell people about the children of Uganda that 99% of them have know idea what has been going on. If it were your child and this were happening to them, think of how helpless you would feel in the world. But, I believe most people want to help, they just don't know how. So when I did a lesson at church for the young children I wasn't suprised that so many wanted to help with my trip. So, I sent out a letter to the families and invited the children to donate school supplies. My own children wanted to help, so Benson and Brinlee have been working at their school to raise money. Their school has been very supportive and they are trying to collect $1.00 from every student, faculty and staff member. Today they stood outside of school where the carpool lane is and held up signs they made reminding everyone to donate a dollar. I'm so proud of them for helping. Beau didn't want to be left out, so he is collecting school supplies at his school. I'm not packing much for myself so that I can bring all of the donations with me. It makes me so happy to see everyone get on board. Now that they know, they too want to act.

No comments: