Monday, March 17, 2008

A Long Day

Today we set out early am on a game drive. We were lucky enough to see lions, elephants, giraffe and lots me. We were able to get close.....................We also went on a boat cruise on the Nile River and saw tons of Hippo, Crocs and Elephants. The baboons are everywhere around the lodge and they can be vicious. We are so very tired..........................It's been pretty hectic and we're all exhausted. I'm still worried about the geckos getting in bed with me.......................cross my fingers that they won't. We'll do another game drive in the morning and then it's off for another 3 hour drive to Gulu. I learned that we will be staying in the nicest hotel in Gulu and that it was once occupied by the rebels. Trevor said that Joseph Kony, the LRA leader def. slept in the bed I will be sleeping in. That gives me the creeps as he is an evil, evil man. I'm off. Thanks for the comments. It helps keep my spirits up.

4 comments:

Shawn Gillies said...

Hi Suzy!!
I am enjoying reading your journal of your trip in Africa. The pictures are great. What a wonderful experience this has been for you and your family. I am excited to be able to experience a very small part of it with you. We miss you and we will be glad to have you home again!!
Today is my birthday and it has been a wonderful day. Mom and I went to the temple this morning and then had lunch at Sizzlers. Kami cut my hair - she does such a good job. It was getting pretty long and shaggy!!
I went next door and looked at the Averett's house that is for sale. I don't like it near as well as mine so I am staying where I am and finishing my basement.
Mom and I are having a very nice visit. Tambi is coming for a few days on Wednesday (3/19) and visiting with Mom. We will all be going to the children's play on Thursday night.
Have a great rest of your trip and we'll see you in a few days!!!

Love,
Judee

Linda said...

Well, Susz, I was really planning on going with you on your next African adventure, but there is a problem that I just read about in your last blog---Geiko's in your bed?? Oh, my gosh, I couldn't stand the thought. It makes me quiver all over just to think of it. I will pray they are repulsed by you. I love you and am so happy that you have been able to share your great spirit with our brothers and sisters in Africa. Love, Linda

Linda said...

Good morning Suz. I got up early today and ran to my computer to see how everything is in Africa. Somehow I am thinking about a place that prior has rarely crossed my mind. I so want to go now. But I can't decide about sleeping with Geicko's. I am praying for your safe return. I know it will be hard for you to leave. Love ya. Linda

Bennett Family said...

Your life, and the lives of so many others will be forever changed as a result of your courageous journey. GREAT JOB! Love hearing about your trip.